OnPoint Community Credit Union Celebrates Largest Branch Expansion Anniversary With Special Member Promotions
“Despite all the challenges facing our communities, we are proud to open 20 new locations and provide essential financial services,” said Robert Stuart, President and CEO, OnPoint Community Credit Union. “Access to financial services and in-person education is more important than ever as our communities continue to navigate an increasingly complex economy. Working with a community pillar like Fred Meyer allows us to meet members there where they are and to connect with them on a deeper level, so that we can fully understand their challenges and create a roadmap to help them achieve their goals.”
Special promotions and branch details
To celebrate its vast growth and the new member and community connections it has forged over the past year, OnPoint is offering special promotions from today to July 30 in the 20 in-store Fred Meyer branches. Specific promotions include:
- $100 when you open a membership with a current account1
- $50 for opening a new credit card2
- $800 on the closing costs of a first mortgage3
- Until $175 on a home equity line of credit4
- 0.25% off standard consumer loan rates5
- 0.25% APY increase on any published CD fare6
In addition to special promotions, each in-store branch will hold weekly giveaways for $100 OnPoint Visa Gift Cards. Branch staff will also be holding raffles for OnPoint-branded gift baskets and merchandise.
Access to financial services strengthens communities
OnPoint’s historic growth over the past year has helped ensure that communities that were previously underbanked or unbanked now have convenient access to financial services. Over the past three decades, the number of banking institutions has shrunk by 66%, from nearly 18,000 branches in operation in 1984 to less than 5,000 in 2021. As financial institutions continue to close, “deserts branch offices” have emerged in low-income countries. and minority communities, requiring residents to travel long distances to access financial services in person, according to the National Community Reinvestment Coalition (NCRC).
“Working so closely with our communities, we hear time and time again how important access to in-person financial services is for individuals, families and businesses,” said Cory Freeman, vice president and regional manager, OnPoint Community Credit Union. “When a community loses access to financial services, residents may turn to more expensive and sometimes unscrupulous alternatives, such as check-cashing stores or payday lenders. Branch closures are also creating barriers for small businesses, many of which are located in communities of color. When local entrepreneurs lose access to in-person banking, it can be harder to get the loans they need to grow their business. We are pleased to fill this gap and look forward to supporting more residents and small business owners in our second year of operation within Fred Meyer stores.”
Charitable giving grows alongside branch network
As OnPoint has expanded its geographic footprint, it has also increased its support for the communities it serves, donating $2.2 million in 2021 to 304 non-profit organizations across Oregon and Southwest Washington. A new record for the credit union’s annual giving program, OnPoint’s donations focused on education, climate change, services for vulnerable groups of people, and diversity, equity and inclusion. As part of their giving efforts this year, OnPoint will donate $1,000 to 20 different non-profit organizations that serve OnPoint’s in-store branch communities. Click here to learn more about the many ways OnPoint invests in its communities.
Below is the full list of OnPoint’s 20 new in-store locations. Visit onpointcu.com/locations-atms/ to view a full list of OnPoint’s 55 branches, as well as 60,000 no-charge ATMs nationwide.
- Sandy, 16625 SE 362nd Drive, Sandy, OR 97055
- East of Gresham, 2497 SE Burnside Road, Gresham, OR 97080
- Cornelius, 2200 Baseline Street, Cornelius, OR 97113
- South Hillsboro, 6495 SE Tualatin Valley Highway, Hillsboro, OR 97123
- 158th Walker Road, 15995 SW Walker Road, Beaverton, OR 97006
- Beaverton Town Square, 11425 SW Beaverton Hillsdale Highway, Beaverton, OR 97005
- Hollywood, 3030 NE Weidler St., Portland, OR 97232
- 67th & Glisan, 6615 NE Glisan St., Portland, OR 97213
- Scappoose, 51501 Columbia River Road, Scappoose, OR 97056
- Burlingame, 7555 SW Barbur Boulevard, Portland, OR 97219
- Tigard, 11565 SW Pacific Highway, Tigard, OR 97223
- Tualatin, 19200 SW Martinazzi Avenue, Tualatin, OR 97062
- Johnson’s Creek, 8955 SE 82nd Avenue, Portland, OR 97266
- South Salem, 3450 Commercial Street SE, Salem, OR 97302
- Albany, 2500 Santiam Highway. SE, Albany, OR 97322
- Santa Clara, 60 Division Avenue, Eugene, OR 97404
- Springfield, 650 Q Street, Springfield, OR 97477
- Salmon Stream, 800 NE Tenney Rd., Salmon Creek, WA 98685
- orchards, 7411 NE 117th Avenue, Vancouver, WA 98662
- hazel dell, 7700 NE Highway 99, Vancouver, WA 98665
ABOUT ONPOINT COMMUNITY CREDIT UNION
Founded in 1932, OnPoint Community Credit Union is the largest credit union in Oregonserving more than 480,000 members and with assets of $9.4 billion. OnPoint membership is available to anyone who lives or works in one of the 28 Oregon counties (bent over, Clackamas, clatsop, Colombia, Cooing, Crook, Curry, Falls, Douglas, Giliam, Hood River, jackson, Jefferson, Josephine, Klamath, way, lincoln, Linn, marion, tomorrow, Multnomah, Polk, Sherman, tillamook, Wasco, Washington, Wheeler and yam hill) And two Washington counties (Skamania and clark) and their immediate family members. More information is available at www.onpointcu.com or 800-527-3932.
1: Consumer Bonus: To be eligible, individuals must open a new membership with a personal checking account and receive a direct deposit of at least $500 to this account within 60 days of the opening date. A premium of $100 will be credited to their current account approximately 60 days after opening a new account. Accounts must be open and in good standing at the time of payment to receive the bonus. As of 5/1/22, the APY (Annual Percentage Yield) for interest verification is 0.05%. APY is subject to change. $500 minimum balance for interest verification; no minimum balance for OnPoint Checking. When the average monthly interest checking balance falls below $500a $7 monthly service charges apply. Fees can reduce revenue. The bonus will be included on a 1099-INT for tax purposes. Not combinable with other offers for opening a new subscription, such as OnPoint Savers or Refer a Friend. Offer only available at Fred Meyer locations of OnPoint Community Credit Union. Offer valid until 07/30/22 and subject to change. The Fred Meyer Consumer Bonus is not available to existing members. Corporate Bonus: To be eligible, a new membership must be opened with a corporate checking account and receive $500 in deposits into this account within 60 days of the opening date. A premium of $100 will be credited to their current account approximately 60 days after opening the new account. Accounts must be open and in good standing at the time of payment to receive the bonus. The bonus will be included on a 1099-INT for tax purposes. Not combinable with other offers for opening a new subscription, such as OnPoint Savers or Refer a Friend. Offer only available at Fred Meyer locations of OnPoint Community Credit Union. Offer valid until 07/30/22 and subject to change. The Fred Meyer Trade Bonus is not available to existing members.
2. To be eligible, individuals must apply for a credit card by 7/30/22. To win the $50 bonus this must be a new Visa relationship. The bonus does not apply to existing Visa loans that are transferred or converted to a new card. Candidates who are approved by 8/15 will be credited with a bonus of $50 into their savings account on or about 8/30/22. To be eligible for this bonus offer, the credit card account must be open and not in default at the time of execution. The bonus will be included on a 1099-INT for tax purposes. Offer is only available at Fred Meyer OnPoint Community Credit Union stores and is subject to change.
3: OnPoint will waive until $800 on the closing costs of any new purchase or refinancing of a first mortgage. This offer applies to all standard OnPoint Mortgage products and cannot be combined with any other OnPoint Mortgage promotional offer. Offer only available at Fred Meyer locations of OnPoint Community Credit Union. Offer valid until 07/30/22 and subject to change.
4: OnPoint Community Credit Union will waive up to $175 on the closing costs of any new EquityFlex Line of Credit product. This offer applies to EquityFlex standard rate line of credit products and cannot be combined with any other promotional EquityFlex line of credit offer. Offer only available at Fred Meyer locations of OnPoint Community Credit Union. Offer valid until 07/30/22 and subject to change.
5: OnPoint will charge 0.25% on standard fixed APR (annual percentage rate) consumer loans. This offer excludes line of credit products, mortgage products and refinancing of existing OnPoint loans. Automatic payment from an OnPoint checking or savings account is required. This offer applies to standard consumer loan rates and cannot be combined with any other promotional consumer loan offer. Offer only available at Fred Meyer locations of OnPoint Community Credit Union. Offer valid until 07/30/22 and subject to change.
6: APY = annual percentage return. OnPoint Community Credit Union will add 0.25% to Certificate of Deposit (CD) rates. This offer applies to all OnPoint CD products and cannot be used in combination with other CD promotional offers. Offer only available at Fred Meyer locations of OnPoint Community Credit Union. Offer valid until 07/30/22 and subject to change.
Promotion period ends July 30, 2022.
Click here for the official 2022 OnPoint Fred Meyer Branch Anniversary Prize Raffle Terms and Conditions.
SOURCE OnPoint Community Credit Union